“The Castle” was designed
and built by the renowned architect, Harold Crawford in 1929.
Beyond Kitchens was honored to remodel this kitchen. The new kitchen has historic features and
details respecting the lineage of the home, but includes all the necessities a
21st century kitchen. A
mixture of white, dark blue and stained cabinetry enhances the overall style of
the room. The unique 60” Aga range, tiled
hood and large island are the focal points and “heart” of this renovated room.
- Respect the historic nature of the home.
- Open the existing space by removing a closet and wall to utilize the entire space to its fullest.
- Create a kitchen that would welcome a large family “home” and provide a space that could serve multiple cooks and family members.
Heart of the Project
& Son Builders
- Removed a number of small closets to enlarge the kitchen area.
- Installed hardwood floors to match the existing floors throughout the kitchen.
- Installed “period-styled” finishes and fixtures to maintain the feel of this historic house, but make it function for today’s family.
- Installed a subway tile backsplash to the ceiling and as a finish for the custom hood.
we thank &
... McCaleb & Son Builders